The Zumba Girls holds some information about you. This document outlines how that information is used, who we may share that information with and how we keep it secure. This notice does not provide exhaustive detail. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in May 2018.
1. WHAT WE DO
The Zumba Girls provides exercise classes for clients.
2. HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Information provided by you through our Physical Activity Readiness Questionaire (PARQ)
- Through email or over the telephone
This may include the following information:
- Basic details such as name, address, email address, phone number, other contact details and next of kin
- Details of contact we have had with you such as class registers
- Simple health information to deem you fit to take part in classes
We use this information in order to provide you with safe exercise classes and techniques. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide safe Zumba classes.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with our duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
4. DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS?
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
- Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you want to access your data you must make a subject access request in writing to We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you.
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to:
· Have your information deleted
· Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate
6. WHAT SAFEGUARDS ARE IN PLACE TO ENSURE DATA THAT IDENTIFIES ME IS SECURE?
We only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, protect personal and confidential information held on equipment such as laptops with encryption (which masks data so that unauthorised users cannot see or make sense of it).
The Zumba Girls is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by business name or Laura Douglas).
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us by writing to the Data Controller by email at and we will do our best to help you.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), you can contact them on 01625 545745 or 0303 1231113.